Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) holds sponsorship lottery to issue 30,000 invitations for parents and grandparents in the Parents and Grandparents (PGP) Sponsorship Program.
IRCC will be issuing these invitations in the coming two weeks between today and October 7th. Sponsors who receive an invitation to apply need to submit completed sponsorship applications to IRCC within 60 days.
Make sure to add the following email address to your safe senders list: CIC.CPCMississaugaDoNotReply-CTDMississaugaNePasRepondre.CIC@cic.gc.ca
The email subject will be “Parents and Grandparents Program Invitation / L’invitation à présenter une demande dans le cadre du Programme des parents et des grands-parents – CPCM / CTDM”.
Last year in October and November, over 100,000 sponsors submitted interest to sponsor forms within minutes of the program launch. Only 10,000 sponsors were invited in 2021 from that pool, until this draw of 30,000 more sponsors. Family reunification was one of the key objectives in Canada’s immigration plan for 2021-2023.
What is the parent and grandparent program (PGP)?
The Parent and Grandparent Program (PGP) is an immigration program that enables Canadian citizens and permanent residents to sponsor their parents and grandparents so that they can immigrate to Canada. Citizens who receive invitations for this program have 60 days to submit sponsorship applications for their loved ones.
What should I do if I receive an invitation?
If you receive an invitation to apply for the PGP, you should proceed to do the following:
- Gather all required documents for the sponsorship application
- Pay the required fees to IRCC
- Submit your complete sponsorship application within 60 days after you received the invitation to apply.
How we can help:
- Consultations to answer specific questions you may have about eligibility or the application process
- Review Service to do a full one-time review of your application and flag errors and areas for improvement
- Full-representation service to help you with your complete application and communicate with IRCC on your behalf