job openings at Chitra & Associates Immigration Consultants
Vancouver, BC or Remote
Chitra & Associates is a fast-growing immigration consulting firm based in Vancouver, BC. Our team has multiple areas of focus including permanent residency, temporary residency programs including work permits, study permits, student services including admissions, employer services including LMIA, and other immigration matters. We have a talented team of individuals who started as Canadian immigrants and have themselves studied in Canada. We are now expanding and are looking for talented administrative assistants to join our team. If you are someone who loves to learn and are a passionate problem solver – this position is for you.
We have an immediate opening as a part-time position of Administrative Assistant in our Case Processing Team. As an Administrative Assistant, you will be working closely with our RCICs to service business immigration and individual clients. You will be assisting by preparing deliverables, verifying information and correctness, and producing high-quality documents for our clients.
- Prepare, organize and file written materials into proper folders
- Check materials to ensure their accuracy and compliance with the requirements
- Review and proofread documents to ensure that they meet the immigration requirements we require
- Type and proofread correspondence, forms, and other documents
- Research immigration programs and policies to assist in preparing white papers and/or internal resources
- Schedule meetings with businesses and individuals for RCIC
- Attend client meetings to take notes and record meeting minutes
- Anything else – we’re a fast-growing business and things come up!
- At least 2 years of post-secondary education (eg: Associate Degree, or Bachelor Degree)
- High energy and drive to learn new concepts and produce high-quality work
- Excellent reading and writing skills in English. The ability to speak in a second language is an asset.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Ability to work independently
- If you are someone who has personal or professional experience in immigration – it’s a plus but not required.
- Completion of the Immigration Consultant Certificate program is a plus but not required. If you are an RCIC with less than one year of experience, you are welcome to apply.
- Commission-based pay through our referral program for employees
- A fast-paced work environment with plenty of opportunities to grow
- Central location with an office in downtown Vancouver
- Work from home and flexible work hours (if you are a student, we will work around your schedule)
- A learning environment where we can help you learn the skills you need to succeed in your career
- Unlimited coffee at our office!