On the 1st day of November, Honourable Sean Fraser, Minister of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) released Canada’s Immigration Levels Plan for 2023 to 2025. Annually, IRCC releases the Immigration Levels Plan for the transparency of the number of permanent residents they are planning or expecting to take every year in Canada.
Thus, in an immigration levels plan released in 2022, Canada aimed to welcome around 1.3 million immigrants for permanent residency in Canada by the end of 2025 to boost post-pandemic growth. However, Canada plans to welcome more immigrants in the next three years with the immigration levels plan released for the next three years.
Since Canada is currently experiencing a critical labour shortage, the Immigration Levels Plan that was released is the government’s strategy to help the local businesses in the country to find the right workers with the required skills and qualifications. Canada thinks it will prevent the country’s critical labour shortage and bring workers whose skills are needed by the country instead with around 1.4 million targeted permanent residents by 2025.
Key Highlights of Canada's Immigration Levels Plan 2023-2025
1. Based on the plan, by 2025, just over 60% of all admissions will be in the economic class, reflecting a long-term focus on economic growth.
2. Canada aims to welcome certain numbers of permanent residents in the next three years in the Immigration Levels Plan. By 2023, they want to take in 465,000 permanent residents in the country, and it will increase in the preceding years, with 485,000 permanent residents in 2024 and 500,000 permanent residents in 2025. Overall, Canada expects that there will be an additional 1.4 million permanent residents in the country before 2026 enters.
3. Federal High Skilled: Canada aims to welcome 82,880 permanent residents in 2023, 109,020 in 2024, and 114,000 in 2025 through Federal High Skilled.
You can choose from three options if you are a skilled worker who wants to immigrate to Canada and become a permanent resident.
- Federal Skilled Worker Program – You may be eligible for Federal Skilled Worker Program if you are a skilled worker with work experience from outside Canada who wants to work and live in the country permanently.
- Canadian Experience Class – Meanwhile, this is for temporary foreign workers and international graduates in Canada who have work experience inside the country. If you are currently working in Canada, you may be eligible for the Canadian Experience Class.
- Federal Skilled Trades Program – On the other hand, if you are a skilled worker who is qualified in a skilled trade in Canada, you may be eligible to become a permanent resident in the country through Federal Skilled Trades Program.
However, since immigration is complex, knowing the differences between these three Federal High Skilled programs may not be enough. Thus, you might need help and guidance from Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants like Chitra & Associates to determine which immigration program suits your profile the most.
4. Immigrants who are eligible for the Economic class will immigrate to Canada through two of the country’s well-known immigration pathways, which are the Express Entry and Provincial Nominee Program.
The new feature of the express entry will be used to fill the skilled labour in the sectors facing critical labour shortages. This will allow new skilled immigrants with the right set of skills needed by the key sectors of the labour economy of Canada, such as health care, manufacturing, building trades, and Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM).
6. Provincial Nominee Program: Canada aims to welcome 105,000 permanent residents in 2023, 110,000 in 2024, and 117,500 in 2025 through Provincial Nominee Program.
Every province or territory of Canada offers a Provincial Nominee Program for those immigrants who want to work and settle permanently depending on the needs of their labour system and economy.
With that, expect that you will have a lot of provinces or territories to choose from where you can practice your expertise. In finding the best province or territory where you are most eligible, you may need help from a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant.
7. Family Sponsorship Program: It is anticipated that Ottawa will see a moderate increase in the number of immigrants applying under the family class. 106,500 permanent residents are expected in 2023, 114,000 in 2024, and 118,000 in 2025 as a result of the Family Sponsorship Program.
Hence, these numbers signify the number of people who will be given a chance to reunite and be with their families permanently in Canada starting in 2023. Nonetheless, both sponsorship programs for spouses, partners, and children, as well as sponsorship for parents and grandparents, are expected to increase in numbers over the next three years.
Currently, Canada is in their peak season for the Parents and Grandparents Program, wherein Canadian citizens and permanent residents sponsor their parents or grandparents to be with them in Canada permanently.
Be one in a million. Be a permanent resident of Canada now!
If you want to be one of the immigrants who will be welcomed by Canada in its prosperous land in 2023, find out as early as possible if you are eligible for Canadian immigration. Book a consultation with us to get started!
With Chitra & Associates, we will assess your profile based on your background, education, and experience to know your eligibility, guide you with the complete application, as well as draft a strategy to increase your chance for permanent residency.