On March 22, 2022, British Columbia released 2 separate BC PNP draws: general and targeted. This draw comes after the drastic changes made to BC PNP on March 10, 2022 to cater to the crucial needs of British Columbia’s care economy. These changes are effective immediately, as reflected in the targeted draw issued by BC PNP. This draw focuses on targeting healthcare workers in specific occupations, as needed for a flourishing care economy in BC.
To know more about the recent changes to BC PNP, read: British Columbia Announces Changes to BC PNP to Support BC’s Care Economy.
BC PNP General Draw
One of the two BC PNP draws released on March 22, 2022 is BC PNP Draw in general.
British Columbia issued 132 invitations for general draw including tech occupations under the categories Skilled Worker, Skilled Worker – EEBC, International Graduate, International Graduate – EEBC, and Entry Level and Semi-skilled . The minimum score varies depending on the category.
- Skilled Worker – minimum score of 112
- Skilled Worker – EEBC – minimum score of 128
- International Graduate – minimum score of 100
- International Graduate – EEBC – minimum score of 114
- Entry Level and Semi-skilled – minimum score of 77
BC PNP Targeted Draw
Additionally, BC PNP invited candidates on March 22, 2022 in a BC PNP Targeted Draw.
Targeted draw: Childcare: Early childhood educators (NOC 4214)
To support the care economy of British Columbia, the province issued 47 invitations for early childhood educators under the categories Skilled Worker and International Graduate. The minimum score is 78.
Here is the childcare occupation with the NOC code that was targeted in this BC PNP Draw:
- 4214 Early Childhood Educators
Targeted Draw: Healthcare
Meanwhile, the province also released 11 invitations for healthcare workers under the categories Skilled Worker, International Graduates, and Entry Level and Semi-skilled. The minimum score is 78.
Here is the list of healthcare occupations with NOC codes that were targeted in the BC PNP Draw:
- 0311 Managers in healthcare
- 3011 Nursing co-ordinators and supervisors
- 3012 Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- 3111 Specialist physicians
- 3112 General practitioners and family physicians
- 3113 Dentists
- 3122 Chiropractors
- 3124 Allied primary health practitioners
- 3125 Other professional occupations in health diagnosing and treating
- 3131 Pharmacists
- 3132 Dietitians and nutritionists
- 3141 Audiologists and speech-language pathologists
- 3142 Physiotherapists
- 3143 Occupational therapists
- 3144 Other professional occupations in therapy and assessment
- 3211 Medical laboratory technologists
- 3212 Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists’ assistants
- 3214 Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists
- 3215 Medical radiation technologists
- 3216 Medical sonographers
- 3217 Cardiology technologists and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists, n.e.c.
- 3219 Other medical technologists and technicians (except dental health)
- 3221 Denturists
- 3222 Dental hygienists and dental therapists
- 3223 Dental technologists, technicians and laboratory assistants
- 3232 Practitioners of natural healing
- 3233 Licensed practical nurses
- 3234 Paramedical occupations
- 3237 Other technical occupations in therapy and assessment
- 3411 Dental assistants
- 3413 Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates*
- 4151 Psychologists
- 4152 Social workers
- 4153 Family, marriage and other related counsellors
- 4212 Social and community service workers
Targeted draw: Healthcare: Health care assistants (NOC 3413)
British Columbia issued less than 5 invitations for healthcare workers, specifically the eligible occupations in NOC 3413, under the category Entry Level and Semi-Skilled. The minimum score is 63.
Here is the eligible healthcare occupation under NOC 3413 that was targeted in this BC PNP Draw:
- 3413 Health care assistants / Health care aides
Targeted draw: Other priority occupations (NOCs 3114, 3213)
To further support the province’s care economy, British Columbia decided to also prioritize other occupations. British Columbia issued 9 invitations for other eligible occupations under the categories Skilled Worker and International Graduate. The minimum score is 78.
Here are the other eligible occupations with the NOC code that was targeted in this BC PNP Draw:
- 3114 Veterinarians
- 3213 Animal health technologists and veterinary technicians
Did you get invited in the BC PNP Draw on March 22nd?
You can log into your BC PNP Online Profile to check if you received an Invitation to Apply (ITA). Your next step is to prepare your BC PNP application within 30 calendar days from the date of invitation via the BC PNP online system. If you do not submit a complete application within 30 days, your invitation will be cancelled. You will be required to submit BC PNP fees as well. Please note that you must submit a complete application so that you do not lose the invitation, and any fees paid as well.
Need help with your BC PNP application? Give us a call at +1 604 484 9474 or book a consultation to get started with the process. We will help you with an assessment of your profile to determine eligibility under various BC PNP categories, and draft a strategy for your immigration to Canada. We also provide full representation services for preparing your BC PNP application.