There were sudden changes to BC PNP on March 10, 2022 to cater to the crucial needs of British Columbia’s care economy. These changes are effective immediately. On March 14, 2022, days after the changes to BC PNP, British Columbia issued around 176 invitations in a targeted draw for tech, healthcare, and childcare workers. The details for the targeted occupations in this draw have been included below.
To know more about the changes to BC PNP, read: British Columbia Announces Changes to BC PNP to Support BC’s Care Economy.
BC PNP Tech Draw
British Columbia issued 123 invitations for tech workers under the categories Skilled Worker and International Graduates. The minimum score is 85.
Here is the list of tech occupations with NOC codes that were targeted in the BC PNP Draw:
- 0131 Telecommunication carriers managers
- 0213 Computer and information systems managers
- 0512 Managers – publishing, motion pictures, broadcasting and performing arts
- 2131 Civil engineers
- 2132 Mechanical engineers
- 2133 Electrical and electronics engineers
- 2134 Chemical engineers
- 2147 Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)
- 2171 Information systems analysts and consultants
- 2172 Database analysts and data administrators
- 2173 Software engineers and designers
- 2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- 2175 Web designers and developers
- 2221 Biological technologists and technicians
- 2241 Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians
- 2242 Electronic service technicians (household and business equipment)
- 2243 Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics
- 2281 Computer network technicians
- 2282 User support technicians
- 2283 Information systems testing technicians
- 5121 Authors and writers
- 5122 Editors
- 5125 Translators, terminologists and interpreters
- 5224 Broadcast technicians
- 5225 Audio and video recording technicians
- 5226 Other technical and co-ordinating occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting and the performing arts
- 5227 Support occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, photography and the performing arts
- 5241 Graphic designers and illustrators
- 6221 Technical sales specialists – wholesale trade
BC PNP Healthcare Draw
To support the care economy of British Columbia, the province issued 21 invitations for healthcare workers under the categories Skilled Worker, International Graduates, and Entry Level and Semi-skilled. The minimum score is 85.
Here is the list of healthcare occupations with NOC codes that were targeted in the BC PNP Draw:
- 0311 Managers in healthcare
- 3011 Nursing co-ordinators and supervisors
- 3012 Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- 3111 Specialist physicians
- 3112 General practitioners and family physicians
- 3113 Dentists
- 3122 Chiropractors
- 3124 Allied primary health practitioners
- 3125 Other professional occupations in health diagnosing and treating
- 3131 Pharmacists
- 3132 Dietitians and nutritionists
- 3141 Audiologists and speech-language pathologists
- 3142 Physiotherapists
- 3143 Occupational therapists
- 3144 Other professional occupations in therapy and assessment
- 3211 Medical laboratory technologists
- 3212 Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists’ assistants
- 3214 Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists
- 3215 Medical radiation technologists
- 3216 Medical sonographers
- 3217 Cardiology technologists and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists, n.e.c.
- 3219 Other medical technologists and technicians (except dental health)
- 3221 Denturists
- 3222 Dental hygienists and dental therapists
- 3223 Dental technologists, technicians and laboratory assistants
- 3232 Practitioners of natural healing
- 3233 Licensed practical nurses
- 3234 Paramedical occupations
- 3237 Other technical occupations in therapy and assessment
- 3411 Dental assistants
- 3413 Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates*
- 4151 Psychologists
- 4152 Social workers
- 4153 Family, marriage and other related counsellors
- 4212 Social and community service workers
BC PNP Healthcare Draw: NOC 3413 – Healthcare Assistants
Meanwhile, the province also released less than 5 invitations for healthcare workers, specifically the eligible occupations in NOC 3413, under the category Entry Level and Semi-Skilled. The minimum score is 63.
Here is the eligible healthcare occupation under NOC 3413 that was targeted in this BC PNP Draw:
- 3413 Health care assistants / Health care aides
BC PNP Childcare Draw: NOC 4214 Early Childhood Educators
To further support the province’s care economy, British Columbia decided to also prioritize childcare. British Columbia issued 27 invitations for early childhood educators under the categories Skilled Worker and International Graduates. The minimum score is 85.
Here is the childcare occupation with the NOC code that was targeted in this BC PNP Draw:
- 4214 Early Childhood Educators
Did you get invited in the BC PNP Draw on March 14th?
You can log into your BC PNP Online Profile to check if you received an Invitation to Apply (ITA). Your next step is to prepare your BC PNP application within 30 calendar days from the date of invitation via the BC PNP online system. If you do not submit a complete application within 30 days, your invitation will be cancelled. You will be required to submit BC PNP fees as well. Please note that you must submit a complete application so that you do not lose the invitation, and any fees paid as well.
Need help with your BC PNP application? Give us a call at +1 604 484 9474 or book a consultation to get started with the process. We will help you with an assessment of your profile to determine eligibility under various BC PNP categories, and draft a strategy for your immigration to Canada. We also provide full representation services for preparing your BC PNP application.